New England Immortals Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 09:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
19482 Posts in 772 Topics by 29 Members
Latest Member: Chad
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  New England Immortals Forum
|-+  Gear and Equipment
| |-+  Technical, Troubleshooting, etc
| | |-+  Busted reg after hydro
« previous next »
Pages: « 1 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Busted reg after hydro  (Read 3180 times)
Turner
Administrator
Fox 4 has all my money

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »

Finally got a tank back yesterday.  I say "a tank" because it ended up being not my original tank.  When they tried to remove the reg it snapped off in the bottle and they coudn't remove the rest of the threads.  Their policy is to replace the tank with the same or newer model in cases like this.  So I ended up with a slightly newer DSX bottle with a new Crsossfire reg and fresh hydro.

They came through in the end, but I don't think I'll be sending them any more business after this experience.
How the hell did they snap the reg off in the bottle?!?! There shouldn't have been much resistance with the tank empty and the reg could have been removed by hand. Did they loctite it after the first hydro?

Glad you got something back at least.

Excessive amount of Loctite maybe?

Remember, they're the guys who last touched the tank.  Stoli send his tank and my tank in for hydro a few months back.  Mine came back ok, and his came back not working right.  So if there was too much Loctite, it was Crossfire who put on the Loctite.
Azoth
Administrator
You're 'out', I win

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »

Very odd because they usually don't loctite it after the test.

Little Tim
Self proclaimed MSP
Immortals Officer
Fox 4 has all my money

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 11:29:17 AM »

Very odd because they usually don't loctite it after the test.

I had one of my tanks hydroed at Crossfire years ago.  They loctited my reg back on.

Your worst enemy dwells from within...
Stoli
Administrator
Fox 4 has all my money

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »

Yeah - no idea what they did to my reg to F-it-up like this.  I don't know what's going on over there but they don't seem to have it together as a company.

Turner
Administrator
Fox 4 has all my money

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »

I figured out my tank issue.  One of the internal reg o-rings wore out.  I ordered a reg rebuild kit from Crossfire on Oct. 3.  It is still pending.  WTF?  I just sent the an email, we'll see if they get back to me.  As a backup measure, I found a PBN thread that listed the o-ring sizes and ordered through the o-ring store.  I'm guessing I'll get that before I hear back from Crossfire.
Stoli
Administrator
Fox 4 has all my money

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »

Start calling them every day and make sure to speak to someone and write down their name.  Leaving messages and emails was completely useless when I was dealing with them.

Turner
Administrator
Fox 4 has all my money

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »

I haven't heard back from the email I sent.  My order still shows up as "Pending".

I tired calling today, but their phone has been busy the past 15 minutes.  I haven't heard a busy signal in years.

I think the o-ring store is going to beat Crossfire, even though Crossfire got a 1 week head start,
Turner
Administrator
Fox 4 has all my money

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »

The order from the o-ring store came in, so I can repair the reg without Crossfire.  It will be interesting to see if they ever ship parts.
Pages: « 1 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: